Applications for the 2024 Program are now
Applications for the 2025 program will not be available until Fall of 2024
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPRENTICESHIP
A pool of eligible applicants shall be established consisting of individuals who qualify for oral interviews. To qualify for an oral interview, an applicant must meet the following basic requirements by 4pm 2/29/2024 unless he or she has a minimum of two thousand hours of substantiated electrical construction work experience or military experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age before work is set to commence which is no later than June 30, 2024
- Must be a high school graduate, have a GED or a two-year associate degree no later than June 30, 2024
- Must have completed one full year of high school algebra, OR one post high school algebra course of 3 credit hours or more, OR the Electrical training alliance online Tech Math Course with a passing grade for the class. This must be met by the paperwork deadline of 2/29/2024.
- Must have a valid driver’s license on file by 2/29/2024
- Must have a qualifying score of 4 on the NJATC General Aptitude Test Battery administered by the training office after all other qualifying paper work has been submitted and approved. All candidates will take the aptitude test, whether minimum qualifications or direct entry. Direct entry will be for reference only.
- Applicants selected from the pool will be required to pass a physical examination; a job-related practical assessment, background check and drug screen evaluation, including a hair follicle exam.
- Must submit a DD-214 to verify military training and/or experience if applicant is a veteran by 2/29/2024.
- Must provide proof of name change if applicable by 2/29/2024.
Individuals who can verify by providing undisputable documenting evidence (W-2’s and paystubs) that they have worked a minimum of 2000 hours specifically in the electrical construction trade by 2/29/2024, will qualify for an oral interview by the JATC to be considered along with other qualified applicants, or can verify 3 years active duty military or 6 year reserve duty, and detached within a specific time. To qualify under this provision, applicants must complete an application form and must accurately respond to the questions below:
ALL CANDIDATES MUST ALSO BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS
- Physically and mentally able to safely perform or learn to safely perform essential functions of the job either with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Able to get to and from work at job sites anywhere within the geographical area that this apprenticeship program covers.
- Able and willing to attend all related classroom training as required to complete their apprenticeship.
- Able to climb and work from ladders, scaffolds, poles and towers of various heights.
- Able to crawl and work in confined spaces such as attics, manholes and crawlspaces
- Able to read, hear, speak and understand instructions and warnings in English.
- Required to have use of a personal laptop running a Windows O.S. and internet access for homework/classwork.
DOCUMENTATION NECESSARY TO QUALIFY
MAY BE MAILED IN, OR BROUGHT TO OUR OFFICE
The following documents must be submitted to the Apprenticeship Committee
NO LATER THAN 4:00pm on 2/29/2024 to qualify for the pool of eligible applicants, whether you have completed the HS graduation qualification, dates of HS completion must be confirmed if you are chosen for the 2024 apprentice class prior to starting work which is set to commence no later than June 30, 2024.
- Copy of Birth Certificate or other legal document showing proof of age due by 2/29/2024
- Copy of Valid Driver’s License due by 2/29/2024
- An official transcript of high school courses and grades, with proof of one year of algebra. Pre-algebra and modified algebra will not be considered to meet this minimum requirement. Those submitting a GED must also submit an official high school transcript from the last attended school. Transcripts must be officially sealed in an envelope from the high school with a seal or official registrar’s signature on the outside of the envelope, whether mailed or presented at our office. UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. If the high school transcript does not contain the required proof of a one-year algebra course, then a separate official transcript must be provided to show proof of the course completion including Tech Math with a passing grade by 2/29/2024
- If the high school transcript does not contain graduation information, the applicant must submit proof of graduation or GED no later than work starting or June 30, 2024.
- An official college transcript must be submitted along with an official copy of the high school transcript if the applicant is applying under the two-year associates’ degree requirement.
- Proof of name change if applicable due by 2/29/2024
- DD-214 for anyone trying to qualify under the military clause due by 2/29/2024 and if applying under the 2000 hour must have proof no later than 2/29/2024
- Names on documents submitted must either match the name on the application, or proof of the name change must be submitted no later than the deadline to submit documents, by 4pm on 2/29/2024.
Those who meet the minimum requirements for the program, and return the required documents to prove that they qualify, will be scheduled for an interview with the Apprenticeship Committee. Each applicant will be examined individually and carefully, with particular attention to his/her background and suitability. Selection of apprentices under this program shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity) sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older – except the applicant must be 18 years of age by work start date. The sponsor will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in the apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under applicable law and lawful regulations issued there under.
RETURN ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO:
LAKE COUNTY J.A.T.C.
31290 N. U.S. HWY 45, UNIT A
LIBERTYVILLE, IL. 60048